Friday 3 April 2015

Hot Cross Bun Spice Oatmeal

Happy Easter!

It’s a rainy morning so I created a steaming bowl of oatmeal this morning that tastes exactly like a hot cross bun. Make sure you make it sometime over the Easter long weekend!

Hot Cross Bun Spice Oatmeal

A delicious and warming bowl of oatmeal that tastes like a hot cross bun!

1/2C rolled oats
1C plant-based milk (I used rice but you can use soy, oat or any nut mylk)
1 tsp mixed spice (I make my own by combining 1T each of allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg and 1 tsp each of ground clove, ground coriander and ginger)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1T dried currants

Place the oats and liquid into a pot. Cover and bring to the boil then simmer for around 5 minutes until the oats are soft. Add in the spices and half of the currants and mix through before serving with your desired toppings (I added some chopped nuts and a carob drizzle which I’ll post the recipe for in a separate post).

No comments:

Post a Comment