Saturday 7 February 2015

How to... Make a Breakfast Bowl!

Heya breakfast friends!

So recently on Tumblr I got asked to do a picture tutorial on how to make my breakfast bowls. I've decided not to do a post with pics since it won't actually be that interesting... So here are some simple instructions instead!

For a yogurt-based bowl:

  1. Put your oats in a bowl
  2. Layer the top with yogurt*
  3. Add toppings!
*I normally do a 1:1 ratio of oats to yogurt i.e. use a cup of yogurt for a cup of oats

For an overnight oats bowl:
  1. Prepare your base the night before by combining equal parts oats and liquid*
  2. Add chia seeds if desired but add extra liquid
  3. Place the prepared base into the fridge to set overnight
  4. The next morning you should have creamy soaked oats
  5. Add toppings!
*I like to use plant-based milks such as soy, rice and oat
**Use around half a cup of liquid for every tbs of chia and remember to stir well to make sure the seeds don't clump together

The best thing about these breakfast bowls is that the measurements don't have to be exact. What I've written above is just a guide. If you make a mistake don't worry because it won't be a complete disaster. But just in case... Have a look at my recipes page as well!

For the toppings, have a look at my posts for some inspiration! Or come up with your own and #mybreakfastartwork on Instagram so I can be inspired by you!

Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment